Monday, January 10, 2011

We all just need a little space.



Of course it snowed again, I live in Connecticut and its January. Thats all that happens here in January!  My poor dog has legs that only old him off the ground by about 4 inches. Add some snow and he is nose deep in it!  Poor old thing cant squat anywhere out there. Every time he tries, his ass hits the ice cold snow and, I swear I hear his Sphincter screaming “HELL NO”!!!! The wind pretty much blows him over too. Sometimes its entertaining to watch, but mostly its sad. Funny as hell...But sad. (Hehehe). We are expecting another storm Tuesday night. Oh joy.


Rant:
I HATE being cooped up in the house. So I do my “spring cleaning” in the winter. I’m a little OCD. So what of it! Ugh. I don't know why I hang on to so much crap. I say I’m going to clean things out, start sorting stuff and think; “ hmmm I might have a use for this in an art piece.”  Now I have bins of “might use stuff” that I know as soon as I toss will be needed. Thats one reason I need a studio outside of the house again. 
I can't stand working at home. I can't get much done and I have kids going through my stuff. You know how much Utrecht markers are? Or Faber-Castell pencils? Too damn much for the kids to use to doodle or write their names on books and back packs! I rarely get them back and when I do they look like a wild animal has been gnawing on them. They take liberty with my space because it is an open alcove of sorts. And that drives me insane. I have never been able to have a space in my own house that is just mine. That bothers me and then I feel selfish. I would rather have a studio outside the house anyway. Less distraction and more focus.

I’m a little pissy today. I thought I had a piece sold and then when they measured, realized it was too big. I offered to do a custom piece but they said it was this particular piece they liked and since it was glass work, they didn't think I’d “capture” it again. Arggg. Yet another reason I need a space to work. 
I need to be able to show my work like I did at the gallery. I miss that space. Without a place to have my work seen, how am I supposed to make a living? Right now, and for the foreseeable future, it is a choice between the mortgage and health related costs or a studio... Hmmm lets see. A studio is looking mighty good right about now.
END RANT
Im trying to work through some other recent disappointments, silly expectations of others, and old wounds that Im not sure how to go about healing. I have way too much on my mind to finish spring winter cleaning right now. Maybe I will go work for a bit. 

That being said, todays quote is a good one. 



~ There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love. ~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Say something!