Saturday, January 8, 2011

A little bit of therapy.





Yes, I have my Facebook, and thats fine for instant connections to my kids and friends. I really miss blogging though. I miss writing out all the random thoughts, silly ideas and pet peeves. It was almost therapeutic for me.  I could always use a little therapy right?
So, here I am. Some of my friends from Facebook will follow me over here via private invites. Others will be people that I follow here in blog land. But in this blog don't be surprised at what you see or what you read. I can go from refined to ridiculous in a snap! Having kids will do that to you I think. Well, kids and years of drug and alcohol usage. Haha.
  • Work:

Its been quite a while since really I painted anything. Not totally due to lack of desire though. But as quickly as that desire seems to come on, it fades. I found myself flipping through an old sketchbook of trees that I had for a painting I did about 5 years ago. I was flooded with ideas. But the thought of getting everything together to start just felt like too much. Until about a week ago, my arms and hands were majorly effected by my Lupus and Fibro so it made working painful. Now that I have some relief I'd like to work... I guess I feel like I have no drive. How do I find that again?
  • Family:

I like the idea of making your own family. People that are important in your life, that have made an impact, friends that make all the difference in your day, they are family. You don't have to be blood related.
The flip side of that is when my kids ask about aunt/uncles and cousins. Hey have none. We have no real family. Christmases void of living rooms filled with kids. It makes me sad sometimes. And yes, I admit I find myself a tad envious of adult women that have Mommy and Daddy pampering them even as adults! I wouldn't want to live like that, but I wouldn't mind knowing what it felt like once and a while. 
  • Meds:

Have I mentioned, I HATE taking 24 pills a day? Side effects? Ha! Yep. The latest one has colors looking strange almost washed out and green tinged. One of the meds is making patches of hair fall out. Oh my favorite is the one that makes me a complete idiot... Foggy in the brain. Like I cant find the correct words to use. Not complicated descriptive terms, but words like book, door, and apple. Oh yeah... Say goodbye to my Mensa status! LOL
  • Random:

I just saw a commercial for Scientology. Wow... Really? They advertise now.
I cant help but laugh.
Ever see those little black birds that fly together in a pack? They switch directions and turn in sync. Its kind of cool to watch. It seems like Im the only person I know that thinks they are amazing to watch. The look like they are choreographed. Anybody know what kind of birds they are?

Well, not too heavy or crazy for my first entry huh? Time for tea and hopefully sleep. 

"Goodnight, you princes of Maine. You kings of New England." ~The Cider House Rules

4 comments:

DeeAnne said...

how do you find your drive? Just do it baby.

Make a commitment to YOU to do something creative.

It will all come rushing back quickly.

Christine said...

I love you and am here for you. I also would like to start painting again!
Lovingly,
Christine

Unknown said...

Hi Jen,

I also love to watch the birds. I think that they are starlings..nothing fancy, but boy can they dance in the sky..watch them whenever I catch them doing their dance.

Motivation. I also struggle with doing the things I say I want to do and actually doing them! I think that if I can clear my mind from everything but what I want to do it might make it easier..that's hard to do! Excuses! I can be good at that too. So, I'm not sure what it boils down to. determination helps.

Anonymous said...

I Love you Maverick!! Happy New Year!! We will make this one a good year!

Post a Comment

Say something!