Thursday, February 3, 2011

"Challenges are what make life interesting overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

I'd like to deny that this has become a hazard.
But with each passing day the icicles get longer and thicker outside my window.



____________________________________________________



Im Back! I know you're all so happy. Contain yourselves!

I’ve taken some time off from blogging, not because I didn't have anything to say (can you even imagine such a thing)but because I have had too much to say. I just couldn't seem to find the right words.  I’m not necessarily sure that I’ve got those words ready yet either, however I know I need to write some of it out or it will drive me insane. 
Lets see lets start with 
Life:
I got sick at the beginning of January and slept all of the month away. I woke up in February and cant believe I lost a month. A whole month!  Its Feb 3rd already! 
February. The month that carries two days I dread. My birthday and Valentines day. Normally I hate my birthday. Everyone close to me knows this. I usually go into hibernation mode and nobody can find me or reach me for the week of said birthday. 
There are a few people I can hear laughing right now because I actually admitted that I get reclusive that week. OKAY. I ADMITTED IT.
But this year, since it is such a momentous year. I’ve decided to celebrate it!!  I will have a birthday week in fact. So, I am available for a party, a dinner or any other celebration one might want to throw for me this year.  Hahahaa Im just sayin’.
  • This year I will have surpassed all the limitations that the doctors had set for me earlier.
  • I am still alive. 
  • I have less tumors in my body. 
  • I am walking. 
  • I will be 39. (ugh... That just freaked me out a little bit) shaking that off... Geez.
But seriously, for all intents and purposes I was not supposed to see this birthday. Moreover, I wasn't supposed to be in the condition I am in either. As bad as it feels someday, it was supposed to be a lot worse. So, I am  grateful for that today... And have decided to embrace this birthday. I don't know if Ill have another. 

P.S. I have a short list of things possible gifts if anyone is interested. Hehehehe.
Medically:  

I had an appointment to see the doctor about the mass on my lung, but had to miss it because of the snow storm. I need to reschedule, but would rather not know. 
The synovitis in the knees hasn't been too bad since I started to take the Plaquinil. But the pain from my shoulder down to my hips had been excruciating and my left right arm isn't doing much these days. I’ve lost almost all use of it this last week.
This of course brings me to .....
Work:
Being unable to do the usual stuff has me upset, and feeling a bit lost. I know its not healthy for me to feel like it’s my work that defines who I am. But I am an artist. That’s what I do, it’s who I am. So, if I cant make art, what am I? 
I shudder when I think of myself as Just a mom. A wife. A girlfriend. A housekeeper. A laundry bitch. A cook. Its not that those things are bad... Its just they all seem to be extensions of someone else. I don't find that personally fulfilling. Is that wrong of me? 
Ok, so now I can’t paint. At least not the way I want to.  I’ve been doing a gig making handmade cards using sketches I that I do. Hopefully this will pay enough to get my bank account back in the black. And have me doing enough creatively so that I don't feel like such a worthless piece of crap.

Drama:
  • The day before yesterday I brought my daughter to the bus stop and the end of the street, and come home to find that the other car in the driveway had its windows shot out on one side. How pleased was I with the pending snow and ice storm?  Not much! Thankfully I have glass coverage with a small deductible. But what an inconvenience!  
  • Looking for a roof rake again today. I need to get the roof done soon. Its looking a bit unsteady on one side. Of course that would be the one that sits over my bedroom. 
  • The time I took off from blogging... And from just about everything else in my life, has led me to a few conclusions. Not that I didn't know these things already. But there were some personal issues I just needed to clear up, questions needed answering and I needed to find direction. For the most part, I believe I have. And find myself with renewed connections I never thought Id make. There is a lot of work ahead of me, but at least iim moving now and not stagnating in fear anymore.
  • Da Nile isn't lust a river in Egypt ya’ know?  Seriously, denial is so powerful. The the devastation that it leaves in its wake is amazing. Yet, the people who choose to live their lives emerged in it, may never have the courage to come out. 
Kids:
They have had two full days of school in the last 3 weeks!  The snow, ice and lack of road clearing by my town really has gotten to be too much. I love my kids and everything, but really... There IS such a thing as too much togetherness. 

Yesterday was it for my daughter. She snapped and was really a nut case! I laugh now, but yesterday it was not so funny. She didn't know what to do with herself. She tried to sit and read and found it impossible to keep still. Every project she began, she couldn't finish and she was following me around the house as chatty as Id ever seen her. 
So, I sent her out into the sleet to go sledding in the yard! It made her tired, so I got a bit of a break. Damn Im horrible right? 

Jessica making snow angels in the solid ice! 


Ryan my 16 yr. old gets grumpy when he is stuck inside for too long. Pair up his grumpiness and Jessica's wild irritating mood and you get Mommy on Xanax!  Lets just say Im relieved that they will be going to school today with only a 2 hour delay.
Maybe I can get something done around here. 

I was going to say have a happy Hump day. But just now realized its already Thursday! 
So… have a thrilling Thursday! 

See ya Friday. 
 "Art does not reproduce the visible; rather, it makes visible.

5 comments:

Afirmations by jagg said...

That is the saddest thing I have ever heard, and I have heard sad stories. Actually, I have lived most of them. However, we could not think more differently.
I love Valentine’s Day and my Birthday, I make a point to celebrate it for an entire month. Not because my birthday is in December and not because December is the holiest month of the year, because of it. But because I have made it this far. I thought my life would be brief and with this in mind, I was determined to enjoy every moment as if it was my last.
Today, in the mirror, through the haze of poor vision and the penalties of gravity, I don’t recognize the young man that for so long held that razor so close to the jugular vain. However, today, I still maintain that if I live to be one hundred, it will have been too brief. My determination has never wavered.

Jenna said...

Oh, its not the age that has made me dread my birthday, though this year seems to "sound" so old! I think its the end of the decade. Ugh
No my birthday is an awful day. It has been for many many years. I have only one birthday where I recall anything good. That was the year I spent with you and Martine. You took me to the Ballet.
Other than that, the birthdays I have recollection of bring to mind hellish scenarios.
Valentines day is much the same. I have never been in a relationship where my partner though the day was anything more than a holiday that Hallmark created in order to make more money. And so Valentines day, like any other day of the week… went by by unannounced. Watching friends be treated to all those romantic things and seeing the over done commercials for the holiday just made it all the more ugly. So, I don't do anything special.
Since this year is momentous for me, my birthday is welcomed. So feel free to send me gifts… take me out…. what ever you feel appropriate! hehehe
In fact.. I may take your suggestion, and make it My Belly button month!

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog....it makes me feel special to be allowed inside your world...and its good to know Im not the only one in a permanent state of introspection,..lol ~big hug~...your braver than I though..writing it... sharing it..yet another reason to admire you :)

Afirmations by jagg said...

Belly button month? Over my head...Free on Thursday?

Jenna said...

the day or in this case month would be the when I acquired my belly button.
Thursday we are looking at a big storm here.
Im all iced in as it is! I cant imagine more.

Post a Comment

Say something!